This May Chef Express supported Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Day, an initiative that encourages children to get involved in the kitchen.
Pictured at Canterbury College, Adam demonstrated a variety of ingredient that many had never seen or tasted before, helping them put together a healthy and tasty lunch.
- Halve the bread roll
- Cut radish in half then, cut each piece in 3 pieces
- Cut cucumber in half, remove seeds with a spoon, then cut each piece into 4 pieces
- Cut carrot in half, then cut each piece into 8 pieces
- Break the cauliflower into small pieces
- Remove seeds from capsicum, cut into 4 long pieces, then cut each piece into 3 pieces
- Put the flat side of the apple onto the cutting board, cut into 8 pieces
- Place a clean tea towel onto the chopping board, put the vegetable and fruit mixture into the middle of the tea towel.
- Gather the corners together and tie with a rubber band.
- Use the rolling pin to gently break the ingredients into smaller pieces
- Place olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a bowl and mix
- Pick the leaves of the parsley and watercress and add to bowl
- Add the peas, seeds and vegetables to the bowl
- Spread the hummus and cottage cheese onto the bread rolls
- Add the vegetable mixture to the rolls
- EAT & ENJOY….
The children had so much fun and the outcome was delicious.